Sunday, April 11, 2010

*

The active verb blessing indicates an event that occurs within the present; the noun blessing, then, I take to indicate a present act.  A blessing continues to give & to yield, then, like a plant that continues to grow throughout time.  My daughter's intelligence made me marvel when she was an infant; it continues to do so, so to me she is blessing (i.e., gift), in the present.

A blessing is not something that happened once; it is something that does not know how to stop happening.

1 comment:

Christiana said...

I was just thinking this yesterday. Specifically, I was thinking about how "Children are blessings from God." And, I agree that a blessing continues to happen.

I am happy for you; I'm glad that you get to enjoy the gifts that God has given your daughter. I'm excited because there is much more for you to see. Enjoy.